FAA National TV Photo Contest
Lewis Lang
2012-05-17 23:04:56 UTC
Fine Art America is currently hosting a photography contest ending at
end of May, I believe. Winning images appear on a national TV
commercial.

I have three images up for votes in the contest, please consider
voting if so inclined :-).

Thanks,

Lewis Edward (of the Family) Lang - Sovereign**, "Flagist" and
Pentaxian and appreciator of fine coffee malteds everywhere

"THE LAST SUNSET"

http://fineartamerica.com/contests/national-tv-photo-contest.html?tab=vote&artworkid=2107771

"MARILYN FLAG"

http://fineartamerica.com/contests/national-tv-photo-contest.html?tab=vote&artworkid=2107244

"MOTHER NATURE'S SON"

http://fineartamerica.com/contests/national-tv-photo-contest.html?tab=vote&artworkid=2100453

Overall link to the contest itself:

http://fineartamerica.com/contests/national-tv-photo-contest.html?tab=overview

Thanks in advance for your votes and interest :-)

*This post will be cross-posted to other rec.photo newsgroups

**I Am Sovereign, NOT a 14th Amendment U.S. or state(s) citizen, NOT a
resident of the U.S. or any of its several states - I live here in my
body, Across the Universe :-) (No, my body isn't that big, its just a
down-sized Universe ;-))
John A.
2012-05-18 05:19:12 UTC
On Thu, 17 May 2012 16:04:56 -0700 (PDT), Lewis Lang
Post by Lewis Lang
[...]
I've got three up myself.

Just joined a couple weeks ago, but not sure how long I'll stay on.
Depends on if and how quickly they back down from their new
paypal-only payouts policy in the face of artist outcry.
Alan Browne
2012-05-18 20:16:44 UTC
Post by Lewis Lang
Fine Art America is currently hosting a photography contest ending at
Are you back?

Would increase the signal level immeasurably.
--
"A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds."
-Samuel Clemens.
John A.
2012-05-19 03:55:49 UTC
Post by Lewis Lang
Fine Art America is currently hosting a photography contest ending at
end of May, I believe. Winning images appear on a national TV
commercial.
In the current round voters choose the finalists, with the winners
then chosen by a jury. (Of our peers, presumably.)

I imagine in the jury phase they will be considering factors many 1st
phase voters may not, such as how well the image works with just a
brief view on a TV screen, whether it will bring people in to shop for
art, whether there will be model releases needed, etc. (Is it
"commercial use" if you're advertising art, or a natural extension of
"artistic use"?)
Post by Lewis Lang
[...]
Interesting. I believe I saw the Marilyn one among the entries
earlier. Going to have to consider that one.

Here are my entries if anyone's interested...

Fall Pumpkin Pair
http://fineartamerica.com/contests/national-tv-photo-contest.html?tab=vote&artworkid=3572005

Red-Yellow-Green Peppers
http://fineartamerica.com/contests/national-tv-photo-contest.html?tab=vote&artworkid=3573905

Yesterday's Blooms
http://fineartamerica.com/contests/national-tv-photo-contest.html?tab=vote&artworkid=3574164

Is anyone else in it?

JA
PeterN
2012-05-19 18:43:13 UTC
Post by Lewis Lang
[...]
There seems to be a lot of interesting, creative, and manipulated
images. I didn't see submission rules. Did I miss them?
Peter
John A.
2012-05-19 20:27:55 UTC
Post by Lewis Lang
[...]
Here's the "fine print" page:
http://fineartamerica.com/contests/national-tv-photo-contest.html?tab=overview&tvtab=tvfineprint

The only thing there about qualifying works, beside the usual about
the entrant needing to have the rights to enter the work, seems to be
"The contest is for photographs only. Please do not submit
paintings, drawings, or other media."

Despite that, I do see some paintings, drawings, and other media among
the images, which I assume will be disqualified in the end.
PeterN
2012-05-20 00:41:58 UTC
Post by Lewis Lang
[...]
I was surprised to see no sizing criteria.
--
Peter